Fast and accurate MPO/MTP® cabling and component testing with WireXpert certifier
This MPO test solution enables data center IT-managers, -technichians and -installers to get quick and accurate assessment of the quality of MPO cabling.
Additionally, it helps in performing incoming inspection of MPO components as i.e. trunk cables, fan-out cables and cassettes.
The key feature of this solution is a 5-second Autotest that includes the detection of fiber connection map and the measurement of loss on each fiber.
- MPO/MTP testing with WireXpert WX4500-FA cable certifier
- MPO Autotest in less than 5 seconds
- Reporting is integrated in eXport software together with standard single fiber and copper test results
- Testing MPO-to-SC/LC links for end-to-end loss measurement on individual fibers
- Testing connectivity from MPO to individual fibers
- Allows configuring number of active fibers in MPO, making it possible to test i.e. custom links, including 8-fiber links
- Automatically identifies connection type as type A, B, C or customized
- Allows reference settings with any connection type
- Displays absolute power level and loss on each fiber
- A cable certifier for testing copper, fiber, and MPO cabling runs
- Easy troubleshooting of connection problems
- Higher productivity through a complete, accurate and versatile test system
MPO Source adapter
MPO Power Meter adapter
- Light Source & Power Meter
- 2x Typ A test cablel "unpinned to pinned"
- 2x Typ A adapter
- Typ A reference cable "unpinned to unpinned"
- Typ B reference cable "unpinned to unpinned"
- MPO Cleaning Kit
With the WireXpert and fiber adapters you can perform a fully standards-compliant certification measurement Tier 1 (e.g. according to ISO / IEC 14763-3). Additionally, an automated evaluation of the attenuation of the fiber link is performed in terms of the number of the connectors, splices, and the length of the link.
(Automated evaluation of the link attenuation budget)
Yes, for standard-compliant measurements on fiber optic cabling (e.g. according to ISO / IEC 14763-3) you must be equipped with a fiber microscope and cleaning tools, as it is normative required to review the connector end faces for dirtiness. You would also know nothing about the dirtiness of the connectors and could unintentionally cause pollution to the fiber cabling.
WireXpert only needs one refractive index for length measurements of optical fibers. The length will be measured only at one Wavelength, therefore it is sufficient to only set one refractive index.
OTDR´s measure the distances to events on both wavelength. In that case you need to set both refractive indices in order to measure the distance correctly at both wavelengths.