Manage certification projects and create reports for WireXpert and FiberXpert
One Software for both WireXpert and FiberXpert
The eXport reporting software allows the user to centrally manage test results for copper and fiber-optic cables in a single program. Measurement data can be quickly imported with the software from the certification device. A new compressed file format results in small file sizes without loss of detail and allows very fast data exchange. The reports can be saved both as PDF and CSV files. All results from both the WireXpert 4500 and the FiberXpert OTDR 5000 (*. Sor) can be centrally documented. The graphs can display the individual RF parameters documenting and certifying the installed cable's ability to transmit the customer required Ethernet speeds.
Before a project even begins, cable installation project managers use eXport and the world's first List-Based Testing tool to generate labels for cables and test labels. Use the cable label generation tool to quickly generate 1000's of cable labels to be printed and afixed to your cables and patch panels. That same list of cables can be downloaded to the WireXpert where you now have a list of tests to run so you can certify cables efficiently in the order you require to complete the job fast. If a test fails, or cable is not ready to test, move on while the cable is being repaired, select the cable you want to test, and now the job keeps progressing.
Just released version 7.4: New graphical user interface for easier setup and operation Download Now
- Use with both WireXpert and FiberXpert
- Capable of reading *.sor and *.flw file format
- Export reports to *.csv or *.pdf file format
- Import data from local PC, USB drive, or direct from WireXpert
- Easy to use
- View detailed test results with data plots
- Use your own company logo on reports
- Available in several languages
- Compatible with Windows XP/Vista/7/8
- Create certification reports for end customers and for cable warrantees
- Manage cable projects before you go into the field: create cable labels to afix to cables. This simultaneously creates a list of tests to download to the WireXpert to maximize your efficiency with List-based Testing
- Increase your productivity and use the eXport software to manage WireXpert 4500 and FiberXpert OTDR 5000 (Bellcore file format)
- Create PDF reports and send test results from anywhere
included in WireXpert delivery
I get the following error message when installing my eXport software: “Please install the latest device driver update. Driver is included in the zip package!” I have already installed this driver. How can I install my software despite this?
Connect the WireXpert one-time to the PC to initialize the driver. Use a mini USB cable for this purpose.
At present this is not possible. With the new software a change of the file system was unavoidable. However, software is planned that allows converting the old projects files into the new format. Please contact the technical support if you require an urgent conversion of your data.
The device software is included with the eXport software. Follow the steps below to update your firmware:
1. Insert a USB flash drive into your PC
2. Select “Tools“ -> “Update device software“
3. Select your USB flash drive in the drive selection and press “Export“
4. Insert the USB flash drive into the WireXpert unit, a dialog box with upgrade firmware will happen.
5. Go to “Firmware“ -> “Update Firmware“
6. Wait until the firmware update is completed. If required, connect the power adapter to ensure adequate power during the procedure.
7. Repeat the procedure on the other unit.
TIP: You can also update both units in parallel using a second USB flash drive. This will reduce the time required for the update by 50%.
The so-called RemoteXpert feature allows you to transfer the WireXpert screen contents to the PC. Follow the steps below:
1. Switch on the WireXpert, then connect it to the PC using the included mini USB cable.
2. Launch the eXport software on your PC
3. Click on the little arrow icon at the bottom right of the screen
4. Select “Remote display“ in the displayed window
Follow the steps below:
1. Load the desired test results into the eXport software
2. Highlight the test results that you want to generate in a PDF format English graphic
3. Select “Export“ -> “PDF“. Then select “Summary “ for a short summary of all results as a list or “Detail“ for a detailed PDF report of all test results
4. Confirm the following dialog with “OK“
5. Define the storage location on your PC and start the PDF report
TIP: You can significantly reduce the time required to generate the PDF report if you choose a lower resolution for the plots in “Settings“ -> “Report Format“ -> “Plots“.
Follow the steps below:
1. Launch the eXport software
2. Select “Tools“ -> “Label List Generator“
The labeling scheme is based on the CENELEC EN 50173-1/ ISO/IEC 11801:2002 standard for structured cabling.
3. Determine the desired prefix in the field “Building“. The prefix remains unchanged in every label. Example: “Factory floor 1“ or “Company XY“
4. Now you have to decide which parts of the label you want to use. If, for example, there is only one floor and one telecommunications room these boxes can be unchecked. Then these parts will not be used.
5. Enter the required number in each part of the label. The first field contains the separator that separates the different parts of the label. Characters such as “Factory floor 1-1“ , “Factory floor 1|1“ , or “ Factory floor 1/1“ are commonly used. However, you can choose any character as you please.
6. Enter the start value. If you want to start with the first racks enter for example for example “1“ or “A“.
7. Enter the end value. If there are 3 racks in this building enter for example for example “3“ or “C“.
8. Enter a start and an end value for each label. The created labels will be displayed in the preview window below.
9. Insert a USB flash drive into the PC.
10. Select “Export to USB“ to copy the label list to the USB flash drive. Create a name for the list. It is useful to take the prefix.
11. Press “Export“ to copy the list. Insert the USB flash drive into the Local unit and copy the list to the WireXpert. Now, go to “Label“ to select the label list for the test.
Firmware updates for your WireXpert and software updates for the eXport software are free of charge. Please go to the website itnetworks.softing.com and look at Support
This feature is currently not yet available, however, it will be integrated into future software releases. However, you can select the labeling scheme to determine the name of the test results beforehand in a label list (list based testing). Please refer to “Create a hierarchical label list“.
There are two ways to do this:
A. Export test results using the USB flash drive.
1. Insert the included USB flash drive into the Local unit.
2. Go to “Export“ -> “Test Results“ on the device All test results that are saved in the device will be exported.
3. Insert the USB flash drive into your PC.
4. Launch your eXport software. Select “Import“ -> “USB Flash drive“.
5. Select the sites you wish to import and press “Import selected“.
B. Export test results via the mini USB interface.
1. Connect the Local unit to the PC using the mini USB cable.
2. Launch the eXport software. The connection indicator of the eXport software at the bottom right of the screen will display that you have successfully connected the WireXpert with the PC.
3. Select „Import“ -> “Device“
4. Select the sites you want to import and press “Import Selected“.