Prove network speeds up to 10Gbit/sec with the NetXpert XG Ethernet Tester
After you complete a Ethernet cable install, how can you be confident your new Ethernet cable run will support network speeds your application needs? The NetXpert XG 10Gbit/sec Ethernet tester proves if your Ethernet cable will support your application with a BERT (bit error rate test) from 100Mb up to 10Gb/s, regardless of the category of cables, patch panels, or outlets installed. NetXpert XG cable tester performs BERT, SNR, and Delay Skew, which are all combined into an overall pass/fail result.
With sercurity cameras, monitors, switches, routers, wireless access points all being installed, you want to be sure the cabling infrastructure can support today's application, and also have headroom for the next 5 years. You need to prove the infrastructure will support the application bandwidth requirements, and sometimes troubleshoot when connectors, bends, cuts, pulls, interference, or installation problems occur.
NetXpert XG is the all-in-one 10Gbit/sec Ethernet tester that proves cable performance over copper or fiber, troubleshoots active networks (copper, fiber, or WIFI), tests POE, and creates a report, all at an amazing price point.
LiveLight: World's first real-time loss determination on fiber links
Troubleshoot connector problems on fiber optic cables
With LiveLight™ the NetXpert XG-PLUS supports a World's first for measuring the power loss in fiber optic cables
As you replace connectors on cables, LiveLight™ offers a real-time continuous trend of light loss for troubleshooting on the large 7" color display
This procedure is particularly helpful when eliminating intermittent faults, because in practice, many problems can be traced back to the connectors
One touch bit error rate test, signal-to-noise ratio, and delay skew
By performing a Bit Error Rate Test (BERT), standards based tests as per IEEE 802.3an, the NetXpert XG proves the error-free data transmission up to 10Gb/s on copper cable, and with two NetXpert XG main units, you can test fiber optic cable.
A one-touch auto test includes BERT, signal-to-noise ratio (SNR), and delay skew, all of which can impact Gigabit transmission due to the cable, installation, or environment. That's why it's so important to prove your installation for your application. Cables might be certified during building construction, but once servers, printers, clients, access points, HVAC, and even machines in hospitals, universities, or industry are installed, transmission rates can be impacted.
Signal-to-noise ratio tests to ensure noise is low enough and signal is high enough for reliable transmission. Delay skew tests the signal time delay between the wire pairs. Excessive delay from one pair can result in a serious degradation of transmission performance making it impossible for the receiver to interpret the data stream correctly.
All three are crucial tests for determining reliable data transmission and are performed at the touch of a button. When you are ready to test the next cable, hit test again, and NetXpert XG advances automatically to the next cable being tested. Each test result is automatically stored to a summary report and a detailed report in pdf, csv, or xml format.
Get graphical results
Continuity test results of all 8 wires and the shielding are displayed in wire map format in full color, while showing cable faults such as opens, shorts, miswires, and split pairs on a clear and easy to understand graphical display. NetXpert determines the cable length and the distance to opens and shorts performing full TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) measurement in combination with a capacitance measurement, for increased accuracy.
Use the project editor, test type editor, and cable editor to graphically pre-configure 10's or 100's of tests. Then, the simple one touch autotest can be initiated either from the main unit or from the Active Remote, which saves time spent walking between outlets and reduces the overall task time when testing 100's of cables by yourself. Pre-configure your tests for a project or job, and then simply hit the test button as you move from cable to cable.
When troubleshooting, cable tests can be performed individually through the tools menu to minimize fault-finding time.
High-resolution 7-inch touch screen
The large high-resolution touch screen is visible in bright daylight and in poor lighting conditions. The 7" touch screen provides space to navigate with excellent readability of results.
Rugged casing with hanging straps
Equipped with hanging straps at both sides, the NetXpert XG allows for one-handed use, leaving a hand free to connect the NetXpert XG to the next cabling channel under test.
Troubleshooting active PoE, PoE+, and PoE++ networks
For troubleshooting active PoE++ networks, NetXpert XG is also a PoE tester. This includes load tests for voltage drop to verify stability of PoE supplies, identification of the devices connected to the network, and detection of availability of critical devices such as IP cameras, wireless access points, and network routers.
NetXpert XG offers internal storage even for large projects and generates complete standards-based measurement reports.
Extensive accessories turn the NetXpert XG into the ultimate multi-tool – from locating individual cables with the built-in tone generator or the remote identifiers, to generating measurement documentation, and active network troubleshooting of PoE++ networks.
NetXpert XG Plus. Copper cable tester PLUS fiber cable tester.
The NetXpert XG Plus is the complete kit for testing fiber or copper cabling. Using available SFP/SFP+ ports, various active fiber tests such as protocol detection (CDP/ LLDP), network ping test, and network discovery can be performed. In the area of passive cable speed tests, qualification of fiber optic cabling will be possible by connecting two Main Units - one Main Unit at each end of the fiber. Main units have SFP ports which can be upgraded to fiber.
Use the optional USB fiber microscope to view end faces for contamination. Use the optional XpertClean kits to clean fiber end faces. NetXpert XG includes fiber length and loss measurements normally found only on higher end OTDRs and certification testers. And, an exclusive to Softing, NetXpert XG includes LiveLight™, a continuous trend, like a strip chart recorder, that allows you to view fiber light loss, in real-time while troubleshooting. Watch the LiveLight™, real-time trend line of light loss move up or down as you move a faulty fiber connector or change bend radius.
Active remote units only support copper, and do not have SFP bays. Ask about the NetXpert XG Plus package with two main local units (with SFP bays) for testing both copper and fiber. To obtain high-quality test results, it is recommended to use SFPs tested by Softing IT Networks for active and passive tests.
NetXpert XG ensures platform extendability to help future-proof your investment.
The NetXpert XG offers simple firmware upgrades, and a license system, that allows for upgrades even after your initial purchase.
There are 3 license-able speed options: 1G, 5G, and 10G. The purchase of an upgrade license extends the speed of the device one step upwards.
The NetXpert XG Plus kit includes testing capabilities for copper and fiber to 10Gb/s. If you already own a single NetXpert XG main unit, and want to add fiber testing, just purchase another NetXpet XG main unit, and any upgrade licenses required to achieve 10Gb/s.
All wear parts (e.g. RJ45 jack) can easily and conveniently be replaced.
Cable project qualifier
- When working with multiple cables, use the project editor, cable test editor, test label editor to pre-configure your cable testing projects
- When testing or troubleshooting single cables, just use the tools menu
- Press test to automatically sequence up to 1000 cable tests from the local or remote device to increase cable testing efficiency when working alone
- Test data cabling for IEEE 802.3 compliance at data rates up to 10 Gb/s (BERT) (Copper with one main unit and active remote. Fiber with two main units.)
- Test signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) for compliance up to 10 Gb/s (copper)
- Test delay skew for compliance up to 10Gb/s (copper)
- Measure length of cable with TDR and capacitance measurements for highly accurate test results and easier troubleshooting (copper)
- Measure length of fiber and light loss with Softing's proprietary calculations between two Main NetXpert XG Units (fiber)
- Full-color wire map shows distance to open, distance to short, miswires, split pairs, and shield on a color graphical display
- LiveLight™, continuous, real-time trend of light loss on the large color display - a Softing exclusive
- Save test results and generate standards-based measurement reports providing "Pass/Fail" indication in pdf, csv, or xml format
Perform active network management
- Connect to a network switch over copper, fiber, or WIFI
- Support for IPv4 and IPv6
- Discover your network and see the connected network devices
- Identifies routers, servers, clients
- Detects duplicate IP addresses
- Identifies defective PoE switches with a PoE load test
- Detects if PoE is enabled on a switch
- Tests PoE, PoE+, and PoE++
- DHCP test
- Ping lists can be defined and saved for later use
- LLDP/CDP detection and analysis
- Identifies VLANs present in your network
- Data transfer from the tester to the PC using USB stick, wireless, or bluetooth connectivity
Most complete, all-in-one 10Gbit/sec cable tester.
WireXpert 500 Industrial Kit
- 1 WireXpert 500 Local - with cover, without measuring adapter
- 1 WireXpert 500 Remote- with cover, without measuring adapter
- 2 power supplies
- 2 power cables
- 2 headphones
- 1 Envelope with calibration certificate, USB stick, quick start guide
- 2 Industrial adapters
- 2 TERA to preLink® measuring cables
- 1 TERA-TERA cable 2 m
- 2 preLink® M12 D socket
- 2 preLink® M12 X socket
- 2 preLink® M12 D plug
- 2 preLink® M12 X connector
- 2 preLink® RJ45 socket
- 2 preLink® RJ45 plug
- 1 Hard case
- 2 plastic sorting boxes for preLink® plugs and sockets
Note: Each NetXpert XG package includes a copper remote. For passive fiber cable qualification, minimum order quantity is 2 NetXpert XG version since main unit will be used at both ends of the fiber cable.
Who uses it? What does it do?
Bonus Active Network Test
Testing a Multiple Cable Installation Project
Single Cable Test Tools and Troubleshooting
Contact us now!
How to reach us:
7209 Chapman Hwy
Knoxville TN 37920 USA