Softing welcomes you as a visitor to our website and appreciates your interest in our products and services for the automotive electronics and industrial automation sectors.
Softing is very serious about taking steps to protect your data and ensure data confidentiality. Softing wishes to inform you about the items of data that are collected when visiting our website, and how we process and utilize this data.
1. Responsible party
The responsible party in the sense of data protection legislation comprises Softing Inc., Softing AG, Softing Automotive Electronics GmbH and Softing Industrial Automation GmbH, insofar as the aforementioned companies collect, process or utilize data.
3. Types of information
3.1 Non-personal data
Softing uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service provided by Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, i.e. small text files that are stored on your computer with the aim of analyzing your use of our website. The data that the cookie generates in regards to your use of our website (including your IP address) is transmitted to a Google server in the United States, where it is stored. Google uses this information in order to analyze your use of this website, compile reports on website activities for the website's operator as well as provide additional services pertaining to the use of this website and the Internet on the whole. In addition, Google will transmit this data to third parties as necessary, to the extent required by law or insofar as these third parties are processing the data at Google's request. In no event will Google relate your IP address to other Google data. You may prevent cookies from being placed on your computer by changing the relevant settings in your browser; however, please be advised that you may not be able to fully utilize all functions of this website if you do so. You can prevent the collection of data (including your IP address), which are generated by the cookie and relate to your use of the site, to Google and the processing of these data by Google, by downloading and installing of the following browser plug-in tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We use products of WiredMinds AG (www.wiredminds.de) for marketing and optimization purposes. These products collect and process your personal data and use it to create usage profiles under a pseudonym. These usage profiles are fully anonymized where possible and appropriate. We and WiredMinds employ cookies and/or Web beacons (also known as tracking pixels) on this Web site. We transfer the data we collect about you, which may also include personal data, to WiredMinds or WiredMinds gathers this data directly. WiredMinds is entitled to use information that you leave behind by visiting our Web sites to create anonymized usage profiles. The data collected shall not be used to personally identify visitors to this Web site without the express permission of the party affected and shall not be merged with personal data about the bearer of the pseudonym. Any IP addresses recorded are anonymized immediately by deleting the last number block. Permission to collect and store data in the future may be revoked at any time. Exclude from website tracking (WiredMinds).
3.2 Personal data
Personal data explicitly permits inferences to be made about a specific person. This category includes such details as the company, name, date of birth, address, telephone number and email address of visitors to our website. Softing collects, processes and utilizes personal data only in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. Data is transferred to third parties only if this is permissible accordingto the law (cf. Transfer to Third Parties, Section 5.).
4. Purpose of collection, processing or usage
The data that you make available to Softing helps us to maintain and continually improve our high standard of personal support. We use your data only as described in this Policy and inaccordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Softing uses your information for the following purposes:
• for order processing, for the delivery of ordered products and for the renderingof services;
• for announcements about new products/the withdrawal of existing products,software updates, software upgrades, security patches, system enhancements,special offers and other items;
• for updating and maintaining our data records to ensure that our productsand services reach their intended recipients;
• for general information about the products and services we provide;
• for adjusting the information we provide to your needs in order to optimizeour information service;
• for creating personalized areas and protected content (e.g. user accounts); •for ensuring and monitoring the quality of information and advice receivedon contacting Softing;
• for contacting you directly, answering customer inquiries, replying withinformation about issues related to shipping and billing;
• for conducting voluntary customer surveys;
• for processing inquiries about vacancies;
• for contractual fulfillment;
• for administration and troubleshooting work related to our website; and
• to prevent misuse or other unlawful activities.
5. Transfer of personal data
As a general rule, personal data is not transferred to third parties. Note in particular that we do not engage in the business of reselling customer data.
Data may be transferred to the extent specified below:
• to our service providers, e.g. for parcel delivery, letter post, credit card paymentsor the organization of training;
• to government authorities, where a court order or other official directive hasbeen served;
• to buyers or potential buyers in cases where Softing disposes of affiliated companies or Softing AG is itself sold; and
• to other third parties, if there is a corresponding legal obligation, or if such a transfer of data is required in order to protect our rights or those of our customers (e.g. inorder to assert or contest legal claims), or if you have given your permission for us todo so.
6. Information security
Softing makes every effort to put technical and organizational security measures in place that protect your personal data against deletion, modification, loss, misuse, unauthorized transfer or unauthorized access. If you provide us with information via email, then confidentiality cannot be assured, since the content of emails can be read by third parties. You should provide us with confidentialinformation in person or mail it to us via the postal service.
Softing does not collect, process or use personal data from minors. Should Softing discover that personal data from minors has been utilized unknowingly, then these items of data will be deleted without delay.
8. lnquiries and feedback
Softing is happy to respond to inquiries about your personal data as used by Softing, in particular where this involves legitimate requests for information or for the correction, amending or deletion of data. Our Data Protection Officer will also be happy to receive other inquiries or feedback at email@example.com.