Fiber Optic Cabling Certifier
Certification of fiber optic networks made easy
Fiber optic cables are now an integral element in industrial networks, even for short distances, when it comes to meeting the demands for higher bandwidth. Installation of optical fibers, however, requires clean working conditions, correct procedures and a fair amount of knowledge. Cleanliness, in particular, plays an important role in the optical fibers themselves. According to a study by NTT Advanced Network Technology, dirty fiber end surfaces or connectors are responsible for up to 96 percent of network failures. Therefore, it is a good idea to select an easy-to-operate OTDR that can be connected via interfaces to an optical fiber microscope.
The FiberXpert OTDR 5000 is the first choice for this
The handy, optical time domain reflectometer is available for multimode 850/1300 nm or as a combi-device for multimode 850/1300 nm and single mode 1310/1550 nm. For both multimode and single mode fibers, the FiberXpert OTDR 5000 has a very high dynamic range with an event dead zone of < 80 cm, meaning that it is designed for measuring and documenting short fiber links in accordance with standards and for identifying any faults. Further measurement functions, such as attenuation measurement and an optical power level analyzer, allow you to exactly determine the link attenuation and measure the output of active network components. The automatic pass/fail analysis takes place in accordance with the TIA/IEC limits. With this OTDR, standard-compliant tier 2 measurements are as easy as creating professional measurement protocols. Using the new matching optical fiber microscope - which can easily be connected to the OTDR via USB - fiber ends and link end surfaces can be quickly checked and assessed in accordance with IEC 61300-3-35. And all this at just the touch of a button.
Protection for launch fibers
The launch fibers can be wound onto the optional “Launch Cords” and can be rolled out and coiled up again easily. The fiber is ideally protected - in the PRO variants, the coiling up takes place automatically.
- Optical Time Domain Reflectometer
- Event dead zones: 0.8m on MM and 0.9m on SM
- Attenuation dead zones: 4m all wavelength
- Dynamic range: up to 26dB on MM and 37dB on SM
- (OTDR) for 850/1300nm multimode or combined for 850/1300nm multimode and 1310/1550nm single-mode
- Standards compliant Tier 2 measurement of fiber optic cabling
- Automatic Pass/Fail analysis of the test results according to the limits specified by TIA/IEC
- Display of the OTDR trace in a graphical format for a length-dependent analysis of all events for reflection and attenuation
- All fiber link events and analysis listed in a table of results
- Automatic macro-bend detection
- Built-in optical loss test set
- Optional fiber inspection probe
- Large color LCD touch screen
- Generation of professional reports with the central eXport evaluation software
- Improved workflow with hands-free solution driving best practices to IEC standards
- The automated pass/fail detection directly gives an indication if there is something wrong and safes time analysing measurement results.
- Using the FiberXpert gives you the possibility to ensure highest quality connectorizing, splicing and turn-of of new fiber links
- Ruggedized housing with protective rubber boot for work on construction sites.
- Reduce maintenance costs and increase flexibility due to interchangable optical connectors at the measurement module.
Multimode and Quad OTDR Modules (typical at 25°C)
- FiberXpert OTDR 5000 handheld device
- Soft case including shoulder strap
- Power adapter
- Hard carrying case
- Quick start guide
- CD with documentation
The touchscreen requires a new calibration. Go to the settings menu of the FiberXpert and start calibration.
This could result in data loss if the USB flash drive is being accessed at this very moment. Please make sure always to use the ‚Remove USB device‘ function before removing a USB stick.